- Certificate course - SWAHILI/2003, Delhi University
- D.Mus/Ph.D/1982, Banaras Hindu University, Hindustani Instrumental Music
- M.A. Music/1978, Department of Music, Kurukshetra University, Hindustani Instrumental Music
Significant Contributions in Music
1. Renowned Hindustani Instrumental Music – Sitar artiste
2. Approved artiste of the All India Radio
2005 onwards/Associate Professor in Faculty of Music
1983- 1997, DEI, AGRA
1982-1983, HMMV (GNDU), JALANDHAR
Areas Of Specialization / Interest
Hindustani Instrumental Music ( Sitar) Stage- Performance, composition and study of common and uncommon Ragas, Folk Music of Haryana & Music of different countries
Hindustani Music to B.A., B.A. ( Hons.), M.A., M.Phil . Supervised (9) M. Phil dissertations and (5) Ph.Ds. (Degree awarded) & currently supervising three Ph. D. Scholars AND Co-Supervisor of 2 Ph.D. Scholars
- Sudeepta Sharma (2013), Spectrum of Indian Music & Musicians, Aacharya Shri Enterprises, Delhi
- Sudeepta Sharma (2013), Sitar: Practice and Performance, Aacharya Shri Enterprises, Delhi
- Sudeepta Sharma (2013), Panorama of some Indian Ragas, Aacharya Shri Enterprises, Delhi
- Sangeet me TihaiNirmiti, Sangeet, Hathras
- Saraswati Sarang, Sangeet Kala Vihar
- Present Modes of Alapchari & Gatkari on Sitar, Journal of Instrumental Music, Volume 4, 1991, Rabindra Bharati University, Calcutta
- Interdependence of Music and sports with education and Mental Health of Children, Proceedings of National Seminar on Role of Music and sports in education and Mental Health of Children, Faculty of Education, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Feb., 2012 , p. 18-21.
- Music Therapy; Traditions and Essentials, Proceedings of International Seminar on Current trends in Music Therapy Practices; Methodology, Technique and Implementation, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University Varanasi & I.C. C. R., New Delhi, Feb., 2012, p. 372
- Sudeepta Sharma (2012), A Study Of Some Common techniques of Vocal & Stringed Instrumental Music, Proceedings of National Seminar on Sangeetevam Chitrakalake Kshetra me Prachin Evam Adhunik Taknikika Prabhav, INPG College, Meerut, Nov., 2012
- Sudeepta Sharma (2013-2014), Intonation in Indian Classical Music, Vageeshwari, Vol.XXVI ISSN No. 0975-7872 Dept. of Music, University of Delhi
- Sudeepta Sharma, (2015-2016), Raga – Sangeet me Murchhana- Ek Anveshanatmak Adhyayan, Vageeshwari, Vol. XXI ISSN No. 0975-7872, Dept. of Music, University of Delhi
- Sudeepta Sharma, (2016-2017), Haryana KeLok Geeto Me Ragatmak Anubhuti, Vageeshwari, ISSN No. 0975-7872, Dept. of Music, University of Delhi
- Kalyan That KeRagonKaMankikaran - presented at UGC Sponsored Seminar at Agra.
- Music Research related to Ragas – In the Seminar: Music Research – Prospects and Perspectives at Bombay University.
- Tat - VadyonkeGharane- Lecture – Cum Demonstration at Rajasthan Kala Sansthan, Jaipur, 1992.
- Rag Pradarshan Me Anusandhan - Kurukshetra University.
- Murchhana and Raga – Ancient Concepts & New Observations, Refresher Course, Music Deptt. Delhi Univ. – CPDHE Delhi University, 2007.
- Interdependence of Music and sports with education and Mental Health of Children, National Seminar on Role of Music and sports in education and Mental Health of Children, Faculty of Education, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Feb., 2012.
- Music Therapy; Traditions and Essentials, International Seminar on Current trends in Music Therapy Practices; Methodology, Technique and Implementation, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University Varanasi & I.C. C. R., New Delhi, Feb., 2012.
- Asian Games 1982 And Commonwealth Games-2010: Their Positive and Negative Implications in Sports and Culture (International Conference on G.I.S.P.P.E.S.S., Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar, Feb-2012).
- A Study of the Socio-Cultural Factors in the Development of Human Life (International Seminar on Rethinking Development: Searching for Alternatives, Faculty of Social Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, March-2012).
- Environment Management and Economic Development of Mangrove, Wetland and Near Shore Surroundings (Co-Presenter), National Conference on Mangrove Wetlands and Near Shore Marine Ecosystem From Sustainability Issues to Management & Restoration, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal University, New Delhi, March-2012.
- Spirituality and its Scientific and Socio Economical Perspective (Co-Author), Spirituality World Conference, Govt. College, Bahadurgarh, Haryana, March 2012.
- Traditional Value of Indian Music with reference to Spiritualism, Spiritual World Conference, Govt. College, Bahadurgarh, Haryana, March-2012.
- Ayurvedic Traditional Heritage of India: Perspectives and Prospects (Co-Presenter), National Seminar NSRAFCA-2012, R.G.S.C., Barkachha, Banaras Hindu University, March 2012.
- Global Warming: Great Challenges to Humanity National Seminar for Agricultural Education, Research and Extension (Co-Presenter): Problems, Solution and prospects, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU, R. G. South Campus Barkaccha, Mirzapur.
- International Conference on Sports Economics and Vision of London Olympics 2012, Organised by Delhi University Sports Council, University of Delhi, 17-19 April, 2012.
- Prevention of Natural and Man Made Geo-Hazards (Co-Author) – A study Third International Geo – Hazards Research Symposium, H. N. B. Garhwal University, TehriGarhwal, June 2012.
- Socio-Cultural Ethos in the development and progress of Human Lifeat Ist Indian Social Work Congress ( 23-25 Feb, 2013 ) on Social Work Profession in India : Bridging Gaps and Building Bridges, Dept. of Social Work, University of Delhi, Feb. 2013.
- (Co- Presenter) Enhancement of Ecological Sustainability: A case Study,National Symposium on Current Status and New Horizons of Ecological sciences and Environmental biotechnology (ESEB-13), Centre of Advanced Study in Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, March 2013.
- Co- Presenter) Environmental issues and Role of Socio-Political Cooperation, International Seminar. Deptt. Of Political Science, B.H.U., Varanasi, April, 2014.
- Role of Various Medias in Enhancing Cultural Values of Modern India, National Seminar on Education application for Nation Building Organised by ML & JNK Girls College, Saharanpur, March 2015.
- (Co- Presenter) Make in India: Its Implications at National seminar on “Make in India; Problems and Prospects” at RGSC BHU Barkachha, Mirzapur, March 2016.
- Indian Classical Music-Teaching and Performance (with special reference to Sitar) at UGC sponsored International Seminar on “Indian Performing Arts: Theorization & Pedagogy” at faculty of Performing Arts, the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, March 2016.
- (Co- Presenter) Role of dynamic and static models in environmental problems, International Conference on "Sustainable Natural Resources Management: from Science to Practice (SNRMSP-2017)", B.H.U., Varanasi, Jan. 2017.
Awards And Distinctions
Surmani, Sur Singar Samsad, Bombay
Best Teacher Award, Lions Club, Agra Greater
Association With Professional Bodies
Have been a member of Board of Studies at Various Universities, Member, International Geo-Hazard Research Society.
Hari Vallabh Sangeet Sammelan, Jalandhar, Haridas Sangeet Sammelan, Bombay, Ustad Allauddin Khan Sangeet Academy, Bhopal, Specmacay, Bhopal and Agra, Ustad Faiyaz Khan Sangeet Sammelan, Agra, concert at India International Centre, Delhi, Conference of Sangeet Kalopasak Sabha, Amravati , Conference on the occasion of Khan Saheb abdul Karim Khan Anniversary Celebrations by Sangeet Premi Mandal- Thane, Budwa Mangal Celebrations, Kashi Naresh Palace, Varanasi, National Centre for performing Arts, Bombay, Kala Sansthan, Jaipur and many others
- Papersetter-SLET_ UGC
- Expert: C.C.R.T. (Centre for Cultural Resources and Training), Govt. of India
- Member, Editorial Board, "Vageeshwari" ISSN 0975-7872 in 2013-2014 Dept. Of Music, Univ. of Delhi
- Resource Person, National Seminar on "Vision India: An Interdisciplinary Approach" (Sponsored by Directorate, Higher Education U. P.) Organised by ML & JNK Girls College, Saharanpur, Feb. 2013.
- Presentation of Invited Paper at National Seminar on Education application for Nation Building Organised by ML &JNK Girls College, Saharanpur, March 2015.
- Currently supervising 3 Ph.D. Scholars and Co - Supervisor of 2 Ph.D. Scholars.
- Have been a Member, Departmental Research Committee and Board of Research Studies, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi.
- Member, Library- Committee, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi.
- Member, Course Committee, Semester - Mode, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi.