- Ph.D/2001,Delhi University, Plucked instruments of Northern India in the 20th century (with special reference to sitar) an In-depth studyc
- M.Phil ( Music)/1996,Delhi University, Ascent of Plucked Indian Instrumental Music after Independence (with special reference to sitar)
- M.A (Music)/19904,Delhi University, Hindustani Music
- B.A/1988, Calicut Univerity,Music, Pol.Sc., Education
2 years 7 months till date / Associate Professor in Faculty of Music & Fine Arts
3 years till date / Reader in Faculty of Music & Fine Arts
6 years and 11 months / Lecturer (adhoc) in Faculty of Music & Fine Arts
Areas Of Specialization / Interest
A Sitarist of repute of the Country. North Indian Classical Instrumental Music (Sitar), Musicology, Development of Stringed Instruments, Creative music, Fusion & Crossover forms of of Music, Creation of different concepts for performing thereby presenting Indian Classical Music in various forms making it were interesting to the layman and also creating unique concept programmes like Soul of India, Sitars of India, World Music Fusion concerts, Murchhnana Paddhati Concept Concerts, which have been widely appreciated by connoisseurs and audience alike.
12 years – 6 months Teachingt M.Phil, M.A., B.A.I, II, ,III, Sangeet Shiromani Classes, Research Guide for 4 Ph.d and 4 M.phil students
Chaudhury, Prateek. 2010. Instruments and Instrumental Music (Accepted for Publication).
Chaudhury, Prateek. 2005. Indiann Music. Sanjay Prakashan.
Chaudhury, Prateek. 2005. Plucked instruments of Northern India. Sanjay Prakashan.
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED IN REFEREED/PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
Chaudhury, Prateek. 2007. Many facets of Sitar Sudhakar – Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan Sahab.
- Gave Lecture demonstration on Indian Classical Music with Sitar in many schools (for the promotion, education of Indian Classical Music) in Delhi, Dehradun, Rajasthan, etc. Gave orientation lec-dem to a gathering of Music teachers of all Govt. schools in Delhi. Performed all over India in Major Music Festivals.
- Participated in the 15th Triennial Conference of the Instt. Conference of Museum, a Conference held to discuss preservation of Musical instruments in Sangeet Natak Academy, Delhi on 24th September 2009.
- Presented the Paper “Changing Trends in Classical Indian Instrumental Music ( with special reference to Sitar)” in Allahabad University Music Conference in 2009.
- Participated in UGC National Seminar on “Re-visiting Sangeet Ratnakara vis-a-vis Modern Indian Musical Scenario” organized by Department of Music, Delhi University in collaboration with Sangeet Natak Academy held in March 2008.
- Attended National Seminars on music held in the Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, Delhi in the year
2010,2009,2008. 2007 and 2006.
With famous musicians Ryohhei & Kohei of the Famous AUN group of Japan
Rare Sitar with Saxophone Concert with Dave Pietro, the Famous Saxophone player from New York, USA who has been nominated for 19 Grammy Awards.
Experimented successfully with famous Carnatic Musicians in India.
Unique Jugalbandi Concerts of Sitar & Sarod on Murchhana Paddhati and another unique feature in the cap. and a rare concept to be performed.
Successful Duet Concerts with father, Internationally Renowned Sitar Maestro Pandit Debu Chaudhuri, and also other instruments like Shehnai, Sarangi and Violin which have had an overwhelming response and also won the hearts of the Connoisseurs and also the Audience alike.
Awards And Distinctions
Sangeet Ratna Award, (Delhi), Jadubhatta Award (Kolkata),
Pandit Nikhil Bannerjee Award (Lucknow)
Surmani Award (Mumbai)
Delhi State Award, (Delhi) Yuva Ratna Award,(Delhi)
Best Musician Award (Delhi)
Started Music organization in the name “Rasikapriya” to findout Young & promising talents in Music and promote them by giving proper training and stage.
Contribution in the field both as an educationist as well as a performer of National and International repute. Awarded with many Honors (mentioned before). Travelled all over the world to perform and speak on our music. Assisted Prof. Debu Chaudhuri, (former Dean – Faculty of Music) in his various Publications, Books, Articles, Seminars and Performances both in India and abroad.
“A” class artist of National T.V./Radio, Indian Traditional (Gharaanedar) Artist of Fame and repute having performed all over the world.
Also performed for various important dignitaries of the world including President Bill Clinton, President Abdul Kalam, President R. Venkataraman, President Shankar Dayal Sharma, Prime Minister of Norway, Bosnia, etc. amongst many other important dignitaries and Heads of States. Listed in Asia’s Who’s Who, American Biographies International, Research Guide for 6 students for Ph.D and 2 students in M.Phil (Music.)
Performed extensively all over the world in many countries. These include countries like U.S.A, Canada, England, France, Greece, Germany, Holland, Austria, Belgium, Japan, China, Italy, Hongkong, Malaysia, Singapore, Mexico,, Morocco,, Denmark, Norway, (before partition), Indonesia, Venezula, Turkey, Syria, just to name a few. Prateekji is also the first artist to visit countries like Bosia(after partition), Columbia, Panama and Guatemala.
Creator of “Soul of India , “The Grand Fusion Orchestra” showcasing India in unique way
Creator of “Sitars of India” The Sitar ensemble showcasing India and flavours of Music of India, another unique and rare concept.