- The candidate should have good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master’s degree or an equivalent degree of a foreign university in the subject concerned.
All candidates have to clear the MCQ entrance test conducted by University of Delhi as per University guidelines and also have to compulsorily appear & qualify the theory and practical entrance exam conducted by the Department of Music, University of Delhi with minimum of 50% passing marks each, in both theory and practical. Admission will be subject to merit and as per the availability of seats.
Important information regarding Entrance Test for admission to the M.Phil. Course:
- There will be a screening entrance test comprising of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Cut off passing marks for General and OBC categories will be 60 % marks of the maximum marks.
- Cut off passing marks for SC/ST applicants will be 10% less than the passing marks for General Category.
- Applicants scoring passing marks in MCQ based theoretical screening test will qualify to appear in Practical, as well as Theory entrance test to be conducted by the Department of Music, University of Delhi. The candidates scoring 60% marks in aggregate in Practical and Theory Entrance test shall be eligible for admission to M.Phil.* Course. However, they will be required to score minimum 50% of the maximum marks separately in both the tests.
- Admissionswill strictly be based on the Merit list as per the availability of seats.
Note: Applicants Are Required To Refer To Ordinance Vi Of The University Of Delhi Regarding Other Eligibility Criteria And Modalities Of The M.Phil.Course.
The minimum percentage of attendance to qualify for appearing at the annual Examination is 2/3 of total classes held.
M.Phil. Hindustani & Karnatak Music Programme
|PWD (3%)||01 (VH)|
Admission Criteria: MCQ based written Entrance Test conducted by University of Delhi + Written & Practical Test conducted by Department of Music in the Department
M.Phil. Hindustani Music Programme
M.Phil. Karnatak Music Programme
M.Phil. Percussion Music Programme