Sangeet Shiromani Diploma Course
- A candidate seeking admission to the first year of the Sangeet Shiromani Diploma Course (Hindustani/Karnatak) Music, besides having passed the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent examination, must have undergone training in music, for three years, or have attained minimum standard equivalent to B.A. (Pass) Course. and that the candidate will be required to appear for the Entrance Test (practical), to be conducted by the Department of Music.
- (b) (i) candidates who have passed the BA (Pass) Course with Music or B.A. (Hons.) Music Course from Delhi University or and examination recognized as equivalent thereto but have failed to secure the requisite percentage of marks in Entrance/ Performance Test for admissions to M.A. Music Course, could be considered for direct admission to second year class of the two-year Sangeet Shiromani Diploma Course, on an individual merit, subject to, however, fulfillment of the other requirements including performance at the Entrance Test (practical) etc.
(ii) A candidate, including any foreigner, possessing previous experience in Indian music and holding a certificate from a recognized institution/ Guru could also be considered for direct admission to second year class of the two-year Sangeet Shiromani Diploma Course on an individual merit basis, subject to, however, fulfillment of other requirements including performance at the Entrance Test (practical) etc.
Method of Selection and Admission.
Entrance Test, as is mentioned in Clause-I, above, is conducted by the Department, as per the schedule of admissions announced. A merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance of candidates at the Entrance Test, details of which are notified on the Notice Board of the Department and admissions made, in order of merit, subject to availability of seats. Music being a performing art, admissions will be made strictly on the basis of merit of the performance at the Entrance Test and the candidates’s aptitude on the concerned subject.
|TOTAL SEATS||38 (includes intake of 04 seats in the reserved categories under EWS)|
Total seats: 38 [30(as of 2018-19) + 8 (25% further intake under EWS)]
- * Denotes seats as per 2018-19
- * Denotes seats added under EWS
- The seats across all the streams of Hindustani music, Karnatak music, Percussion Music are inter-changeable. The seats are however, not interchangeable across the various categories.
- Seats for UR, OBC, SC, ST and EWS may change subject to the relevant guidelines of the University of Delhi in force at the time of the Entrance Tests and Admissions
- Supernumerary seats for Differently-abled persons (Persons with Disabilities or PwD), Children/Widows of the eligible Armed Forces Personnel, and other such categories, will be as per the relevant guidelines of the University of Delhi in force at the time of the Entrance Tests and Admissions