- Ph.D./2007,Delhi University,Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, D.U.
- M.A/1973,Faculty of Music , Indraprastha College
- M. Mus./2002,Faculty of Performing Arts, B.H.U
2008-12 /Tabla Instructor in Faculty of Music & Fine Arts
Tabla short term and Advance course
Areas Of Specialization / Interest
Practical aspect of Percussion Music aesthetically composition presentation, sound culture and techniques for various types of percussion instrument.
Percussion Music: Tabla/ Pakhawaj in B.A.(H),Short term, Advance course
- National Tabla/Music workshop 2004-2013
- International Performances “Thai percussion Instrument and Tabla in International Seminar Organized by Music and Fine Arts Department, Srinkharinwirot University, Sukhumbit, Bangkok from 4th to 5th February 2008.
- Tabla workshop and Lecture Demonstration & Performance , Thailand 2004-08. 2013
- Got 1st Prize in East Zone Inter University Youth Festival in 1997.
- Got 1st Prize in Suturnaliya Inter University Youth Festival at I.S.M. Dhanbad in 1998.
- In 1998 performed Tabla Solo in National Youth Festival at Punjab University Chandighar.
- Won many prizes in musical competitions in many part of the Country.
- Performed Tabla recital for making a Documentary Film on Indian classical music ‘Raga’ Conducted by the German Delegacy in the year 2000.
- Performed in Solo and accompaniments at many prestigious Festival Rajgir,Baudh and Kosi MahotsavaBihar,MondaiFestival,Orisa,Varanasi,Delhi,Katni, Sagar and orther Cities.
- Ajay regularly appears to T.V and Radio Programs.
- Performed Tabla solo recital in Hariballabha Sangeet Mahasabha Jalandhar and vasantotsav music concert, Varanasi.
- Awarded junior research fellowship in 2008 by Culture department Government of India.
- Represented Indian Drums group in Bangkok from 7th to 10th April 2013 at International Drum Festival, Thailand.
The Gharanas of Tabla, Vageeswari, Vol.XXII, 2009, Pg. 72-77, ISSN No. 0975-7872
Percussion Instruments of North India, Vageeswari, Vol.XXIII, 2010-11, Pg. 124-127, ISSN No. 0975-7872
Etmology of Tabla, Vageeswari, Vol.XXIV, 2011-12, Pg. 124-127, ISSN No. 0975-7872
Pandit Anokhe lal Mishra : A Resplendent Planet in the Cosmos of Hindustani Classical Music,Vageeswari, Vol.XXIV, 2012-13, Pg. 112-120, ISSN No. 0975-7872
Dr. Kumar, Ajay. 2010. Pakhawaj ki Utpatti, Vikash evamVaadan Shaile. New Delhi: Kanishka publishers & Distributors.
Dr. Kumar, Ajay. 2011. Banaras Gharane ke Prawartka Pandti Ram Shaye Ji ki Tabla Vadan Parmpra, New Delhi: Kanishka publishers & Distributors.
Awards And Distinctions
Bharat Sanskriti Yuva Ratna Samman
Pandit Onkarnath Thakur Award
Sangeet Kala Ratna Samman
Research Projects (Major Grants/Research Collaboration)
Junior Reseacrh Fellowship by Culture Department, Government of India, Delhi.