- Ph.D. (Music) 1984, Delhi University
- M.Phil. (Instrumental Music) 1981 Delhi University Position holder A grade
- M.A. (Instrumental Music) 1979, , GND University Position holder (Distinction)
- B.A.(Hons in Psychology) 1977, GND University Position holder (Distinction)
Senior Most Prof. and Former Head & Dean, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, Delhi University
Teaching experience – 38years plus
Performer in AIR and Doordarshan with an ‘Top Grade”
Researcher and Research Guide in Indian Music plus
Professional Artiste for Sitar Performance
Areas Of Specialization / Interest
Instrumental Music - Sitar, Inter-disciplinary research, Research Methodology, Applied Musicology, Aesthetics
Practical – B.A. (H) III year to M.Phil. Theory, Aesthetics, Research Methodology, Applied Musicology.
M.Phil. & Ph.D. Research Supervision.
- Book titled "Ragas in Indian ClassicalMusic" foreword by Pt. Ravi Shankar published by Gyan Publishers, New Delhi.
- Book titled "Bhartiya Shastriya Sangeet Evam Saundarya Shastra" published by Haryana Sahitya Academy, Chandigarh.
- Book titled "Indian Music and Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan" published by Harharan Publications, New Delhi.
- Book titled "Ragas in Hindustani Classical Music" (Conceptual Aspects) published by Gyan Publishers, New Delhi.
- Book titled "Compositions in Instrumental Music" (Tradition and New Creation) published by Sanjay Prakashan, New Delhi.
- Book titled "Shastriya Sangeet in Bhartiya Upmahadweep Ki Sanskritiyan", Part-I published by Hindi Madhyam Karyanvya Nideshalya, Delhi University, Delhi
I. Paper Presented at International level:
- Legacy of Education System in Indian Classsical Music vs Institutionalised teaching – South East Asian Music Conference (Kunming) China – October 5th, 2015.
- Evolution and development of Indian Classical Musical Forms: An Overview – International Music Festival, Central Conservatory of Music, Beijing, China – 10th October, 2015
- Historical Development of Musical Instruments- Music. Conservatory, Beijing, CHINA-2013.
- Role of Government and Non- Government bodies in promoting Indian Classical Music- Music Conservatory, Beijing, CHINA, 2013.
- Evolution and Development of string instruments – Normal Fusion University, Fusion, CHINA, 2013.
- Development of Important Percussion and wind instruments in Indian Classical Music, Normal Fusion University, Fusion, CHINA, 2013.
- Techniques of instrumental Music with spl. reference to sitar – Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan , London, 2010.
- Teaching pedagogy for advance learners in instrumental music, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, London, 2010.
- Teaching pedagogy for the age group 12-18 with special reference to sitar, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, London, 2011.
- Sitar and its techniques group 12-18, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, London, 2011.
- Presented paper in China which is acclaimed by all leading newspapers of Beijing.
National Level (53) some titles as follows:
- Mood and expression in Indian Music: Silver Jubilee Volume Vageeshwari 1985.
- Importance of Kaku in Instrumental Music.
- Sangeet mein Abhivyakti Ke madhyam – Sangeet 1986.
- Compositions of Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan – Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan and Indian Music.
- Dada Guru Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan – Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan and Indian Music.
- Compositions in Instrumental Music – Vageeshwari Special Volume.
- Four Facets of Aesthetics – H.P. University for Shimla Refresher Course for Lecturers of H.P. University.
- Avenues of Research in Indian Music – H.P. Univ, Shimla.
- “Manav Jeevan pur Sangeet prabhav Published by D.A.V. Directorate of Planning and in service, New Delhi.
- An Analytical study of the relationship between Physics and Music, published by D.A.V. Directorate: Project Planning and In Service, New Delhi.
- Saundreya anubhuti mein mooladharon ki Bhoomika, Vageeshwari, 2003, Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, Delhi Uni.
- Music – Challenges faced in charming vocation, Vageeshwari 2005, Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, Delhi University.
- Guruji – A disciple’s Perspective, Journal Umak Centre for Culture, 2005.
- Perspective of Music globe, 2008.
- Interdisciplinary of Academic and social growth.
- Multi-Dimensional values of Music.
- Research Methodology for Music, GNDU, Amritsar, August, 2014.
- Four Facets of Aesthetics, GNDU, Amritsar, August, 2014.
- Inaugural Lecturer of Course work for ph. Raja Man Singh Tomar University, Gwalior, August, 2014.
- Kalatmak Rasanubhuti – Punarvivechan, Raja Man Singh Tomar University, Gwalior, Convocation pub., March, 2014.
- Kalatmak Soundarya Anubhuti in Bhartiya Sangeet Ke Anthavishyak Drishtikon, ISBN: 978-81-924-653-6-4, 2014.
- Introductory remarks seminar: Tradition, Creation and Innovation, HMV College, Jalandhar, January, 2015.
- Music & Media, Punjabi University, Patiala, January, 2015.
- Aesthetical approach in Music, Raja Man Singh Tomar University, Gwalior, February , 2015.
- Research Avenues in Music - Raja Man Singh Tomar University, Gwalior, February, 2015.
- Raga depiction through pictorial forms-Vaageshwari, DU, 2015.
- Significance of Ideational Aspects of Ragas published in Sangitika, April 2016, ISSN: 2348-5892.
- Reciprocal relationship of Music & Society, SNDT University, 25th April 2017, ISBN: 978-81-936096-1-3.
II. International Workshop:
- Workshop with teachers of MGI, Comparative study of allied ragas ( Ten days) Mauritius, 2005.
- Workshop with student of MGI ( Ten days), Mauritis, 2005.
- Teacher's interactive session for Three weeks, MGI, Mauritius 2006.
- Students workshop for Three weeks MGI Mauritius 2006.
- Teachers interactive session three weeks, MGI, Mauritius, 2007.
- Students workshop for three weeks MGI Mauritius, 2007.
- Workshop for Three weeks at Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, London-2010.
- Workshop on Technical Aspects of Sitar for young artists, Three weeks, Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, London-2011.
- Workshop with scholars of Music conservatory Beijing, CHINA, 2013.
- Workshop with student of Normal Fusion University, Fusion CHINA, 2013.
- Workshop at South East Asia Music Conference, Kunming, China, 2015.
- Workshop at International Festival of Music, CCOM, Beijing, China, 2015.
- Workshop at Education Summit, CCOM, Beijing, China, 2017.
III. International Concerts
- Performed in many countries including Mauritius, Singapore – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, London – 2011, 2013, Paris, Switzerland - 2013, Thailand - 2013, China - 2013, China – 2015 - International Festival to promote and propagate Indian classical music. Third Visit to China in May, 2017 to represent India in Education Summit and concerts.
IV. National Concerts:
- Actively involved in stage concerts at National level too. Performed at Private and Prestigious organizations. Regular performances as “Top Grade” grade artistes of All India Radio and Doordarshan. Also perform in other stage forums Representing the Senia Gharana: the oldest traditional school of thought of Music in India, having 17 frets on sitar. Represented Gharana at many festival as only female artiste in top grade in this tradition.
- Performed Sangeet Samelaon, All India Radio 2011.
- National Programme of All India Radio 2009, 2012.
- National programme of Doordarshan, December, 2014 which were highly acclaimed.
Latest Performance Solo
- International China, 2015.
- National – Nadyogi Swami, D.R. Parvartikar Sangit Sammelan 12th March, 2016, All India Radio, Recording, February 2016.
- All India Radio, Special recording March 2016.
Research Projects (Major Grants/Research Collaboration)
Under UGC on Analysis of Research Methodology for Indian Classical Music.
Awards And Distinctions
Raghavendra Swamigal Sacred Service Trust
Bhu Angiri, 2014
Sangheetha Samaji Madhurai
MHRD Ministry Award
Kala Utsav, December, 2016
String and Step International Award
DAV Management Award
United Writer’s Association
Fellow Member Lifetime
United Writer’s Association
Rag Ragini Shree Samman
Prof. Rangnath Mishra Simtri
2013 – Society for Action through Music
Twice Awarded: Harish Chandra Bali Medal
As best Instrumentalist
Offer received from Haryana Sahitya Academy to write a text book on aesthetics for post-graduates
Major Research Project
Process & sources of Research in Indian Classical Music funded by UGC
Over 24 cups and shields and numerous Certificates of Merit as winner in various competitions including Academic sports and cultural ones
University position: holder in all graduation and post-graduation
Scholarship in Academic for pre-University, Bachelors (Psy. Hons) and Masters (Music)
Biographical Inclusion in:
Asian/Pacific WHO’s WHO Vol: Pg 452
International Professional & Business Women Who’s Who VIth Ed
Five Thousand personalities of the World VIth Ed
Asia – Men and women of achievement Directory of Performing Artists, New Delhi
Asian Admirable Achievers
Marquis Who’s Who in the World
Directory of Artistes India
Best Citizens of India-2013
Asia Pacific Who’s Who - 2016
Association With Professional Bodies
Associated with AIR & TV, ICCR, MHRD, CBSE, Sangeet Natak Akademi, Member of various Universities as AC member, BRS member, Curriculum update members, Selection Committees and other confidential assignments member, United Writers Association, National Sports Club of India etc.
Actively involved in various academic and professional activities with other Universities in India & abroad, both for paper presentations, seminar and concerts.