M.Phil. Hindustani Music – Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar / Sarod / Guitar / Violin / Santoor)
M.Phil. Hindustani Music – Percussion (Tabla / Pakhawaj)
M.Phil. Karnatak Music – Vocal / Instrumental (Veena / Violin)
All the candidates must refer to the following –
Selection procedure/Admission process:
The following will be the procedure for selection, and admission thereafter –
- All candidates will have to clear the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based Entrance Test conducted by University of Delhi, and also have to compulsorily appear & qualify the Theory and Practical Entrance Tests conducted in the Department of Music, University of Delhi, with a minimum of 50% passing marks in both the Theory and Practical Entrance Tests.
- Admissions will be done strictly subject to the merit of the candidates and as per the availability of seats.
- Admissions for reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC etc.) in any stream of Hindustani or Karnatak music, will be strictly done based on the relevant provisions and guidelines of the University of Delhi in force at the time of the Entrance Tests and Admissions.
- Admissions for foreign nationals will be done as per the guidelines of the University of Delhi in force at the time of the Admissions. It is, however, essential, that the candidate must send his/her video performance in a CD/DVD along with the application form.
General Instructions regarding the Practical Entrance Test:
- All candidates must bring their original documents (degrees, marksheets etc.) for verification, failing which, they will be denied entry inside the Department campus.
- The Department of Music will provide instruments to the candidates for the audition. Candidates of Hindustani Vocal and Karnatak Vocal music must not bring their Tanpura along, as the same will be provided by the Department.
- The candidates appearing in the instrumental/percussion category, may bring their own instruments, even though the Department will provide them. The candidates will be responsible for the safety of their own instruments. The Department cannot be held responsible for the loss/damage to the candidate’s own instrument.
- The Department will provide Tabla, Mridangam and Sarangi accompaniment for all the candidates of Hindustani Vocal/Instrumental music, Karnatak music and Hindustani Percussion music respectively. Under no circumstances will outside accompanists be allowed to enter the Department campus.
- Only the candidates will be allowed to enter the Department campus. Parents, relatives and friends will be strictly denied entry inside. However, Differently-abled candidates (VH only) may be accompanied inside by only one person.
- Each candidate will be given a maximum of 8-10 minutes to perform. For more details, the candidate must refer to the Syllabus for the Practical Entrance Test in the websites mentioned below.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification from the Practical Entrance Test.
For more details, candidates must visit the following websites–
- University of Delhi – www.du.ac.in
- Department of Music, University of Delhi – www.music.du.ac.in.
In view of the prevailing situation due to COVID 2019, updates regarding the Entrance Tests and Admission shall be communicated on www.du.ac.in accordingly.
M.Phil Hindustani Music, Karnatak Music & Percussion Music Programme
|TOTAL SEATS||26 (including 01 PWD)|
- The seats across all the streams of Hindustani music, Karnatak music, Percussion Music are inter-changeable. The seats are however, not interchangeable across the various categories.
- Seats for UR, OBC, SC, ST and EWS may change subject to the relevant guidelines of the University of Delhi in force at the time of the Entrance Tests and Admissions
- Supernumerary seats for Differently-abled persons (Persons with Disabilities or PwD), Children/Widows of the eligible Armed Forces Personnel, and other such categories, will be as per the relevant guidelines of the University of Delhi in force at the time of the Entrance Tests and Admissions
M.Phil. Hindustani Music Programme
M.Phil. Karnatak Music Programme
M.Phil. Percussion Music Programme